This is (a bit late) review of the activities I had in 2018., mostly for archival purpose, since I tend to forget things.
I started to work for Seavus in September 2017., so 2018. was my first full year there. Some time was necessary to adopt to the new way of working. Before Seavus, I was doing remote / freelance work. Switching to regular working hours, with no overtime and staying up late took a while. As always, there are pros and cons. The biggest pro in my opinion is with social aspect. Seavus managed to attract a huge number of great people (900+ of employees at the moment) and I consider that as its greatest strength. Most of the cons that I have are related to the difference between the work I had before. None of them are really big, and things are improving along the way.
Seavus Banja Luka office started growing nicely. Btw we are hiring :). At the end of 2018. I was offered a promotion to Technical Lead with additional assignments - basically to be a face of Seavus in Bosnia and Herzegovina. We'll see how that goes :).
Conferences and other community events
Continuing from 2017., the last year was also pretty busy regarding community events. Here are the talks I had:
- January 25th, BLbit meetup - Introduction to ASP.NET Core 2.0 talk
- February 6th, Seavus CodeTalks, Novi Sad - Building production-ready APIs with ASP.NET Core 2.0
- February 7th, MSDEV Serbia meetup, Belgrade - Introduction to ASP.NET Core 2.0 and Building production-ready APIs with ASP.NET Core 2.0 talks
- April 19th, NetWork conference, Neum - Docker and ASP.NET Core talk
- April 27th, WinDays conference, Porec - Building production-ready APIs with ASP.NET Core 2.1 talk
- May 12th, Weblica conference, Cakovec - Building production-ready APIs with ASP.NET Core talk
- May 17th, Seavus CodeTalks, Kragujevac - Docker and ASP.NET Core 2.1 talk
- September 1st, KulenDayz conference, Osijek - Docker and ASP.NET Core talk
- September 14th, MSCommunity conference, Sarajevo - Visual Studio productivity talk
- September 22nd, CrisCon conference, Krizevci - Docker and ASP.NET Core talk
- October 25th, Sinergija conference, Belgrade - Building production-ready APIs with ASP.NET Core 2.x talk
- November 1st, DotNet Amsterdam meetup, Amsterdam - Building production-ready APIs with ASP.NET Core 2.2 talk
- November 3rd, SQLSaturday event, Banja Luka - Building production-ready APIs with ASP.NET Core 2.2 talk
- November 13th, Seavus CodeTalks, Belgrade - Be productive with Visual Studio talk
- November 15th, Seavus CodeTalks, Banja Luka - Be productive with Visual Studio talk
- December 6th, Advanced Technology Days conference, Zagreb - Migration from ASP.NET MVC to ASP.NET Core 2.x talk
The DotNet Amsterdam meetup was recorded. You can check it out on YouTube.
Now that I see all of it in a list, it's a lot :). Not sure if I'll be able to keep that pace in 2019.
BLbit user group
BLbit continues to be most active MSCommunity user group in Bosnia and Herzegovina by the number of meetups. One of highlights of the last year was a participation in global .NET Conf event - with a conference watch party and an additional meetup. We had swags too! :)
Hopefully, we will able to keep going strong this year too.
Plans for 2019
Granted, there will be more responsibilities in Seavus, with the promotion, but I don't plan to neglect the community engagement. Might tune down a bit with the number of community events, but will try to be more active with my blog (yeah, not the first time I planned that) and open-source contributions.comments powered by Disqus